Our clubhouse is situated on the Little Knavesmire, 500 yards from York Racecourse.
We are a member of York CVS (York Council for Voluntary Service).
Since the club was founded in 1988 by Phil Sanderson, Hamilton Panther’s Secretary, over 3,600 people have played for our club, including children drawn from over 28 schools.
We were the first football club in York to be awarded the FA Charter Standard. We cater for all age groups and currently have squads for the following age groups:
Below is a brief history of Hamilton Panthers FC:
1988 – Junior club founded by Phil Sanderson.
1995 – Adult section added. Seniors play in the York & District League One Division, the Reserves in Reserve League D.
1995 – Moved into our current clubhouse, which used to be used by the Royal Observatory Corps, originally built in 1943.
1998 – Current lease of building signed in presence of HRH Duke of York at The Little Knavesmire.
2000 – Two changing rooms added and former public toilet block incorporated.
2002 – First FA Charter Standard Junior Club in York.
2004 – Upgraded to Development Club.
2007 – Named Development Club of the Year by North Riding County FA.
2007 – Awarded NRCFA award for exemplary behaviour.
2008 – Upgraded to FA Charter Standard Adult Club.
2008 – Under-19 team added to bridge gap between nine junior and two senior teams.
2009 – Second under-19 team added.
2013 – Named ‘Development Club of the Year’ by North Riding County FA.
2016 – Clubhouse construction starts
2016 – Clubhouse completed
2017 – Official opening of Hamilton Panthers FC Clubhouse